Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This is going to be sew much fun!!

OK... that was really nerdy. I'm just SUPER excited about my new toy! A Husqvarna Viking Emerald 116 sewing machine. We bought it yesterday and played around on it last night... I really have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to sewing, however, when you have a mother who has been sewing her own clothes since she was a kid, it's gotta be in me somewhere, right?! I sure hope so. :) I at least figured out how to thread it without the help of the manual (GO, ME!) and I threaded the bobbins too... Cut up a t-shirt just to mess around with. It was fun. :)


Here's a pic of my machine...



For my first project I'm going to attempt to make a roll-up pouch for all of Tony's wrenches. Quite honestly, I have no idea how I'm going to do this, but I've got the material, scissors, and thread to make a go of it! I'll post a picture as soon as it's done... but only if it looks decent. he-he :)

No comments:

Post a Comment